Monday, February 23, 2015

[percocet]

                                I feel numb
[and not the good kind of numb.
it's the kind of numb that suppresses everything.
the good, the bad, the joy]
I used to think that was OK,
but now
                                I feel dead
[and not the kind of dead where you’re remembered.
it’s the type of dead
where you disappear]
I was fine with that
until I realized
                                I would yell
but I can’t.
[my voice ran away.
and it’s not the kind of runaway
where it might come back.
but it’s the kind that left
with the intent to die]
I didn’t miss it much
thinking that
                                I would laugh
except I forgot how.
[and not in the way
that I can’t remember.
but in the way that I can’t recall
what it was like]
You see, I didn’t expect
that being numb meant that
                                I would cry.
but that couldn’t f*cking feel
enough [to know
what the hell
emotions are]
                               

                 [maybe it’s the percocet]

No comments:

Post a Comment